Friday, July 3, 2009

Practice and Luck

Hello to all, I was recently reading about Wimbledon, and came across a quote from a golfer who I can't recall right now, but I wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't of my creation!

This golfer said: "The more I practice, the luckier I seem to get"...

As I finished reading I grinned. There is so much knowledge in that phrase, that I said to myself "I have to share this with my fellow readers!".

I call Luck when something unexpectedly went our way. You don't really expect it to happen, and boom! You got lucky!

Now, if we maintain that line of thinking, when we get really good at something, then it is possible that we take for granted how good we are, and somehow we surprise ourselves. And then we say "I got lucky".

I think two things are happening here:
One, you might be underestimating you abilities to make things happen or maybe they seem so effortless to you that you cannot believe you made them happen, and...
Two, your faith in yourself and in the outcome, makes the world conspire in your favor, and make things look like magic. This is what I call being congruent.

Being congruent means, that your abilities, skills and beliefs are all focused on a common purpose, thus achieving it, is a matter of "when" not "if".

If you want to become a better person, a better athlete, a better friend, a better spouse, or whatever you wish to become... practice. Become so good at it, that it will make you think you got lucky!

Success is not a destination, is something you attract.

How attractive are you?, What are you attracting right now?

Do some checking! I bet many things could be improved!

Have a nice weekend!

Until next time!

Federico Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment