Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Knowledge vs. Wisdom

Hello to all! I hope you had an incredible weekend and that you figured out which tribes you belong to, I will write more about them as I continue to read the book.

Today I will write about a very important topic in this journey to growth and prosperity.

To Grow and Prosper we certainly need to improve many things from within, but to do so faster and better, we need to tap into an "almost" infinite resource, and I mean BOOKS.

I have to admit, that I was not much of a reader when I was younger... Then I found my passion with cars, and started reading magazines about them, and then finally I made the jump to books. I still read magazines as they are very informative, but books have been instructive.

A book is someone's experience and advice just waiting for you to take it. Of course not all books will fill our needs, but there are certainly millions of books that are awaiting for us, and once they are read we will be better person.

I have developed a habit (Remember the Lotus Code?) to always have a book at hand, it gives us the choice to learn something new at any given time, we have to become thirsty for knowledge and books help quench it. Isn't it great to learn something new everyday? I believe so...

So, books provide the KNOWLEDGE and it is our job to turn that knowledge into WISDOM. Wisdom is something fascinating, it is "applied knowledge", it is our experience and our knowledge put into action to create.

As we grow older we become wiser. Now, wouldn't it be great if we could be wise, while still being young? That's the challenge for today... Become as wise as you can, as soon as possible.

Go to a bookstore and look around, see what interest you and then learn about it, learning together we can create a very interesting and powerful Tribe!

Have a wonderful week!

Until next time...

Federico Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment