Monday, November 23, 2009

When you try new things you will inevitably learn some thing new

Hello to all, I hope you had a wonderful weekend... Today I want to share with you the story of my last two weeks and the blog... It has been interesting (At least for me!)

Ok, on my trip to New York, I went to the library and bought a new book, that was suggested by a mentor of mine Eric Worre, its called Crush It! From gary Vaynerchuk (Highly Recommended).

The book is about Social Media and many more things that I will be sharing in future posts, but today's story is not about the book, but rather about what the book inspired me to do and the results...

I have been looking into ways to make this interaction more interesting, and came up with the idea of making the blog a Video-blog. Today there are many tools to help you do that in a simpler way, so I said... "That's it! I am going to tape videos and post them. This way I can better interact with my readers"

I bought a FLIP cam, which is precisely for this type of things, and you can easily download the videos from the camera directly to internet.

Well, I thought I bought the right tool for the job, and I did, what I did not have was the skills to use it.

So I do my video, I download it to the computer, and then I start uploading to the internet...

It was a 4 minute video, and it was going to take 9hrs to load!!!! Obviously I was doing something wrong... And when you want to do something you look for ways to figure it out, and this is where the learning process begins!!

I now know about format, codecs, video converters, the ideal file size to work in internet, and many more things... This has taken me a couple of weeks to figure out, but I now have more skills and more tools with which to work and share my ideas.

The message here is to go out and try... Try something new, something you like and if you are not good at it... study it, practice it, and sooner than you think you could be helping others to do what you did...

This learning is what has been keeping me from writing, but I could not wait any longer, hopefully in the coming days you will see the first video!!

Until next time!

Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment