Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Family and Friends, our main support....

Hello to all, last Sunday while playing soccer, a player from the other team unintentionally hit me in the nose and broke it, of course there was the bleeding and the pain, but what popped immediately in my head was Who to call? Not because they were going to put my nose back together, what I needed was support.

I knew I needed to see a doctor, but having your loved ones there with you, makes it a lot easier.

The people that joined me at the hospital were my family, but also very important were all the calls I got later that day from the friends that knew what happened. It is very comforting to get those calls from the people you really care about.

I will quote a great mentor in a couple of sentences, with which I completely agree.
They are from Jim Rohn: "Friendship is the ultimate support system in the world, these are people that know all about you and still like you..." And that's totally true, so I wanted to thank all my friends for coping with me. Friends make an impact in your life, so I thank them for changing me into a better person....

The other sentence is "Always take care of the inner-circle" This inner-circle is your close family, we have to continually nourish these relationships for they will be there when you need them.

I have been blessed with an awesome family, where laughter and joking are always present even if your nose is not looking at the right direction. Humor is a key ingredient.

Tell your loved ones that you love them, don't assume they know, for its always awesome to hear the words "I love you". So do it more often.

My nose is fine, Thank god!

Every night when doing my night prayers, I thank God for the day of life I was given, the love that filled it, the health that kept it going and the faith that guided it.

Thank you for being there...

Till next time!

Federico Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment